Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We have one vacancy and one consultancy contract available.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB.
- Chief Operating Officer
- Consultancy: Afghanistan Peace Learning Project - Specialist Researcher
Chief Operating Officer
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: London-based able to travel internationally if required.
- Salary: From £62,771.01 plus 9% employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave + 3 Christmas office closure days + UK public holidays
- Closing date: 9am UK Time 6 November 2017
- Interviews: W/C 20 November 2017
We are seeking a motivated, inspiring and dedicated Chief Operating Officer to be based in Conciliation Resources’ London office to work with our Organisational Support Team leads, currently comprising of:
- HR and Operations
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for shaping, implementing and strengthening Conciliation Resources’ financial strategy and resource management, regulatory compliance and organisational processes. The Chief Operating Officer is a member of the Executive Management Team leading and managing organisational support teams, ensuring they have well developed strategies and work plans that deliver impact and support learning.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate:
- Experience of managing financial systems, overseeing team members in working to budget, and successfully managing an annual departmental budget
- Extensive management and leadership experience, including working with a Board of Trustees, with skilled and knowledgeable peers in a non-governmental organisation or other relevant sector.
- Considerable experience of working across the organisational support team portfolio and supporting and developing colleagues that lead their respective areas of work.
- Comprehensive experience in finding practical responses to operational challenges and supporting others to do the same.
Consultancy: Afghanistan Peace Learning Project - Specialist Researcher
Conciliation Resources, a UK-based international organisation that works with communities in conflict around the world to prevent violence and build peace, is seeking a consultant to provide research support in a project being implemented in a consortium with International Alert and Saferworld. The consultant will provide support for a project sub-theme on armed groups and peace processes led by Conciliation Resources, looking specifically at Afghanistan and the Taliban. Consultancy deliverab