Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We currently have one vacancy and one opening on the Board of Trustees.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB.
- Board Vacancy - Treasurer
- Horn of Africa finance and Administration Officer
Board Vacancy - Treasurer
Conciliation Resources is currently seeking a new Treasurer to replace the current Treasurer who is moving on to a senior position in another organisation. To fulfil the role effectively, it is expected that the time requirement for the Treasurer will be about 14 days per year comprised of four Board meetings (one of which can be extended to include a Retreat) plus preparation time, regular contact with the Chief Operating Officer, and / or Senior Finance Manager, and participation in other meetings and events. The term of office is three years and the maximum number of consecutive terms is two.
Applicants should demonstrate the following knowledge, experience and skills
- Experience of working in a senior financial position.
- Having knowledge, experience and understanding of charity accounts and periodic management and financial information.
- An interest in the work of Conciliation Resources.
- Experience of working constructively with a Chief Operating Officer (or equivalent), other members of an executive team and colleagues on a Board.
- Have experience of supporting Board members through periods of change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills being able to engage with all staff in the Finance team as well as colleagues on the Board.
- Proven financial skills combined with a high degree of numeracy.
- Confident and diplomatic leadership skills.
- Personal integrity – sharing Conciliation Resources’ values.
- Incisive and insightful thinker able to contribute to the organisation’s strategic and creative thinking.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Collaborative, inclusive and persuasive.
Please see the full role description linked below for further details of the role, including how to apply.
Horn of Africa Finance and Administration Officer
- Fixed term contract to 22 December 2017
- Part time (22.5 hours per week based on a flexible arrangement)
- London based
- £28,483.44 FTE plus 9% pension
- Closing date: 9am UK Time, Tuesday 30 May 2017
- Interviews: Week of 5 June 2017
The Finance and Administration Officer will provide the project, financial and logistical support necessary for the implementation of the Horn of Africa Programme covering Kenya and Ethiopia. The post holder will be line-managed by the Horn of Africa Programme Director and will work closely with Finance team based in London.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of financial support and administrative processes, have some experience working with community based organisations and working at a distance from colleagues whilst ensuring successful delivery of the role’s requirements.
Upon receipt of your application you will be invited, via email, to participate in our Equal Opportunities Survey. Your responses to this survey do not form any part of your application, no identifying information is stored and your responses are anonymous.