Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We currently have one volunteer role available.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB.
- Pacific Programme Research Volunteer
Pacific Programme Research Volunteer
- 22.5 hours (3 days) per week based in North London
- Minimum commitment of three months
- Travel and sustenance contribution costs
- Closing date: 9am Friday 4 August 2017.
- Interviews: Thursday 10 and Friday 11 August 2017
We are seeking an efficient and willing Pacific Programme Research Volunteer to work our Pacific team and support them in their work.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Carry out desk research on set topics and use this research as the basis to draft short research summaries to inform the Pacific team’s programme design.
- Monitor developments via regional and social media, compiling highlights for dissemination.
- Provide some administrative support to the programme team e.g. help booking flights, processing invoices.
- Assist with drafting activity and donor reports.
- Assist with collating both financial and narrative partner reports.
- Add and update programme contacts to the contacts database (Filemaker).
- Contribute to other programme activities in line with skills and requirements.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Previous research experience.
- Experience in an office environment (paid or voluntary).
- Proven experience in providing administrative support.
- Experience working or volunteering in the international NGO sector (desirable).
- Previous experience with database management and/or data entry (desirable).
- Experience in making logistical arrangements incl. booking travel and accommodation (desirable).