Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We currently have one vacancy.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB
Pacific Projects Manager
- Fixed term contract to September 2019
- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Based in Australia with the requirement for regular travel
- Max AUD 72,525 + 9.5% superannuation contribution
- Closing date: 17.00 pm UK Time 2 May 2018
- Interviews: w/c 14 May 2018
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated Projects Manager to join a team of five currently engaged in peacebuilding work in the Pacific region. The Projects Manager will be based in Australia and will be expected to be able to work autonomously, being managed at a distance.
The key work areas as detailed in the job description include:
- Strategic and Operational Planning
- Programme Management and Partner support
- Policy and Analysis
- Representation and Networking
- Fundraising and Finance Management
- Communications and Information Management
- Personnel Management
The successful candidate will have experience in the following:
- Practical experience in designing and implementing conflict resolution and peacebuilding interventions, including experience of working with international, national and local partner organisations in conditions of current or recent conflict.
- Experience of working on issues of governance and political transitions in conflict contexts (desirable).
- Substantial experience of project management e.g. project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and narrative and financial reporting.
- Experience of coordinating work on multiple projects with a range of contacts.
- Demonstrable experience of building and developing relationships across considerable distances.
- Experience managing consultants.
- Experience of living or working in the Pacific region (desirable).
- Experience of and sensitivity to communicating with multicultural and diverse audiences (including officials, politicians, national and local NGOs and conflict-affected communities).
- Substantial experience in developing and maintaining systematic and transparent records of activities needed to keep track of projects and for accountability and evaluation.
- Experience in planning, running, and facilitating effective meetings and workshops.
- Demonstrable experience in preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and securing grants.
- Substantial successful experience of remote based collaborative working.