Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We currently have two vacancies available.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB.
- Director of Programmes
- South Asia Programme Assistant
- Consultant - Development of peacebuilding e-learning modules for youth in Northeast Nigeria
- Horn of Africa Finance and Administration Officer
Director of Programmes
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: London-based with international travel
- Salary: From £62,771.01plus 9% employer pension contribution
- 25 days annual leave + 3 Christmas office closure days + UK public holidays
- Closing date: 9:00 am (UK time) Monday 9 October 2017
We are seeking a motivated, inspiring and dedicated Director of Programmes to be based in Conciliation Resources’ London office to work with our programme teams comprising experienced and passionate peacebuilding practitioners; currently working in:
- East and Central Africa
- Horn of Africa
- Latin America
- Southeast Asia
- South Asia
- West Africa
The Director of Programmes is an integral role in Conciliation Resources’ organisational leadership, contributing to our development as a dynamic, innovative and reflective organisation. They will oversee and support programme directors in their work to prevent, transform and end violent conflicts and promote peaceful and inclusive societies.
The Director of Programmes is a member of the Executive Management Team leading and managing programme teams, ensuring they have well developed strategies and work plans that deliver impact. The role is responsible for overseeing financial management and fundraising and supporting learning in each regional programme as well as supporting this work at an organisational level.
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates who are able to clearly demonstrate
- A thorough understanding of, and commitment to, Conciliation Resources’ aims, values and principles;
- An understanding of peacebuilding and conflict transformation theory and practice gained through study and/or practice
- An understanding of the key issues to be addressed by international non-governmental organisations supporting local capacities for peacebuilding and a substantive knowledge of peace processes;
- Significant experience of management and leadership in a comparable sized organisation
South Asia Programme Assistant
- Based in London, UK
- Full time position ending on 8 July 2018
- £19,013 + 9% employer pension contribution
- Closing date: 9:00 am (UK time) 6 October 2017
- Interviews: W/C 16 October 2017
We are looking for a motivated and dynamic individual to support the Conciliation Resources’ South Asia team to implement peacebuilding programmes in the South Asia region. Particular emphasis in this post is on programme and project administrative, financial and logistic support.
Candidates should have experience of undertaking a range of financial administrative duties including data input and retrieval and of working in a team in an administrative and support position with colleagues who travel frequently.