Conciliation Resources is an independent organisation working with people in conflict to prevent violence and build peace. We have four vacancies and one consultancy opportunity available.
To keep in the loop about news and opportunities to work with us you can sign up for notification of vacancies.
Our vacancies and other charity jobs also appear on CharityJOB
- Office Assistant
- Programme Officer (3 opportunities)
- Consultancy - Donor support to peacebuilding partnerships
Programme Officer (three opportunities)
- Full-time (37.5 hours)
- Fixed-term contract between one and four years
- London-based, with occasional international travel
- Salary: £28,910.69 plus 9% employer pension contribution
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time Monday 10 September 2018
- Interviews: weeks commencing 1 and 8 October 2018
We are recruiting three Programme Officers to support our South Asia, West Africa and multi-regional programmes. We are seeking motivated, diligent and organised individuals who are able to work well as part of a team but display a high level of initiative and would relish a fast paced, exciting environment.
The Programme Officer will provide project, administrative and logistical support necessary for the implementation of the South Asia, West Africa or multi-regional programmes. The post holder will play a key role in liaising with partners across the areas in which we work, and in managing programme events and information. The Programme Officer may also support other cross-Programmes initiatives. Reporting to a Programme Director or Programme Manager, the Programme Officer will be based in London and will undertake occasional travel to the conflict-affected contexts in which we work (including India, Pakistan and Nigeria for the South Asia and West Africa posts).
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of working in an administrative and support position to a team.
- Strong organisational skills including planning, developing, implementing and maintaining administrative systems.
- Understanding of and interest in peacebuilding and conflict transformation processes.
- Experience of working with databases, handling diverse sources of information and maintaining accessible filing systems.
- Experience of supporting monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects and revising and contributing to the drafting of substantive reports.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience supporting financial management including experience preparing budgets, monitoring organisational and partner expenditure and supporting financial reporting.
- Experience remotely supporting partners on the successful joint delivery of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Graduate study or local equivalent or equivalent by experience in conflict resolution, international relations, development studies, international humanitarian law, peace and security.
- Ability and willingness to travel to areas affected by conflict (particularly to India, Pakistan (Kashmir) or Nigeria, for the South Asia/West Africa posts).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
Consultancy - Donor support to peacebuilding partnerships
We are seeking a consultant to conduct a series of semi-structured interviews with policy actors from selected governments and multilateral organisations on their conception of, and support to peacebuilding partnerships between INGOs and civil society actors in conflict-affected contexts.
The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of the peacebuilding and conflict prevention fields, a track record of employment by, or engagement with, INGOs and government/multilateral departments with a focus on addressing conflict and insecurity, and an ability to produce concise and clear written outputs in English.
This consultancy forms part of Conciliation Resources' work under the Peace Research Partnership, a DfID-funded research programme, which seeks to develop research and evidence on how best to support transformative and inclusive peace processes.
The consultancy will take place from September 2018 to March 2019, with the majority of the work to be undertaken before the end of 2018.
Candidates are invited to read the Terms of Reference attached, and submit the following before the closing date of 17.00 (BST) Monday 27th August 2018:
- A short narrative (2-page maximum) detailing your suitability for and approach to delivering the consultancy requirements;
- An estimated budget, including estimated number of days to fulfil the consultancy, a proposed day rate and any other anticipated reasonable expenses
- Your CV (2 A4 pages maximum)
Supporting document for this post: Terms of reference
- Full-time (37.5 hours), London-based
- £19,890.00 plus 9% pension contribution
- Fixed term contract for 12 months
- 25 days annual leave per annum and 3 Christmas office closure days and UK bank holidays
- Closing date: 09.00 23 August 2018
- Interviews: w/c 27 August 2018
We are seeking a bright and enthusiastic Office Assistant to join our Core and Operations Team. This role would be well suited to someone who is seeking to further their experience in an operational role in a busy office environment or seeking their first role in Human Resources.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Act as a support to the HR Manager in relation to HR administration and recruitment support
- Complete the necessary day to day tasks required to keep the office running smoothly
- Assist the IT department with routine tasks
- Be responsible for reception and all front of house duties
- Take an active role in maintenance of the office common areas and health and safety
This role is crucial to ensuring the smooth running of the office and supporting the Core and Operations team in its broader goals.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in some form of administrative support, a reception-based role or similar. You should be able to demonstrate good customer service skills, have generalist knowledge of IT and Microsoft Office and be able and willing to act on your initiative demonstrating a high level of common sense and willingness.