Kenyan Facilitation Team
The Kenyan team plays a facilitation role in the peace process and is composed of four members:
- Hon Mohamed Yusuf Haji, EGH, Senator and Chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs. Hon Haji is the chair of the facilitation team.
- Ambassador Mohamed Abdi Affey, UNHCR Special Envoy on the Somali Refugee Situation and former Kenyan Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs, Nominated MP and Ambassador to Somalia.
- Hon Yusuf Hassan Abdi, current Member of Parliament for Nairobi’s Kamukunji Constituency and a former United Nations (UN) Official.
- His Excellency Ali Bunow Korane, current Governor of Garissa County and former Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Home Affairs. Ambassador Korane also co-ordinates activities of the facilitation team including a Secretariat that provides administrative and logistical support to the peace process
- Inter-Governmental Authority on Development
- Government of Kenya’s National Steering Committee on Peacebuilding and Conflict Management
- County Government of Garissa
- Seven Local Peace Committees in Garissa County (Kenya)