On 13 March 2013, Director of Conciliation Resources’ Colombia programme Kristian Herbolzheimer will be speaking at a public event in London about the Colombian peace talks. Other speakers include Enrique Santos Calderon – member of the Colombian Government Exploratory Negotiation Delegation, Colombian journalist and President Juan Manuel Santos’ brother - and Colombian political analyst and journalist, Claudia López.
In October 2012, the Colombian Government launched a formal negotiation process in Oslo with the aim of ending the armed conflict with Colombia’s largest and oldest insurgent organisation, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). Since then, both parties have met in Cuba to discuss the topics on the agenda: rural development, the end of the conflict, drug trafficking, victims and citizen participation.
- Register to attend the event.
- Find out more on the event’s Facebook page.
- FInd out more about Conciliation Resources' work in Colombia.
- Read an article by Kristian Herbolzheimer, Director of Colombia Programme, Conciliation Resources: Colombia negotiations: Peace - a clear objective, but an unclear path
- Read Kristian Herbolzheimer's biography