South Asia Programme Volunteer
- Voluntary position, based at our office in Tufnell Park, with travel within the UK
- Part time for 1 month, full time for 2 months
- Travel (London zones 1-6) and lunch expenses (max £5) reimbursed against receipts
- Closing date: 9am (UK Time) 22 November 2019
- Interviews: w/c 2 December 2019
Our South Asia Programme is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic individual to support the team in hosting a six-week long Fellowship.
The Fellowship consists of five individuals travelling from South Asia and taking part in a programme of events in London, Edinburgh and other UK cities. The post holder will be expected to undertake the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Liaise with the fellows and arrange the logistics of travel, accommodation, and preparation for the arrival of the fellows
- Financial responsibility- ensuring payments are sent to our finance team and that they meet the necessary internal and external requirements
- Supporting the six-week long programme for the Fellows including arranging meetings and trainings
- Support the fellows in completing their final reports of the Fellowship
Upon availability, the candidate will be offered the opportunity to attend the events, including in Edinburgh and outside of London in order to see the project through to fruition.
Candidates should be fluent in written and spoken English, good knowledge of standard Microsoft Office packages, and report writing. Knowledge of India, Pakistan & Kashmir conflicts would be desirable.
Candidates should have experience of, and commitment to administrative work, be highly organised, have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent attention to detail is required, as is the ability to work autonomously.