- Location: Brussels, with some travel mostly in Europe
- Contract: Permanent
- Reporting to: Director, Conciliation Resources EU
- Responsible for: no direct reports
- Closing date: 9.00am UK time, 26 August 2020
- Interviews: date to be confirmed
We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join the CR EU (and mediatEUr) team, who has knowledge of fundraising practices and grant administration, with an understanding of the key EU institutions and their funding streams. We require an individual who is able to manage a complex workload, effectively collaborate and build relationships. The individual should be able to communicate to a professional standard in both English and French.
The post holder is responsible for the successful coordination of multiple projects, including three current EU contracts. This includes direct management of most of the project cycle, including implementation, monitoring and evaluation, narrative and financial reporting. The post holder also provides essential support to help the effective administration and management of EU grants across all of CR’s global programmes.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Understanding of the key EU institutions and their funding streams relevant to CR EU and the wider organisation.
- Understanding of basic fundraising practices, approaches and environment.
- Good understanding of peace mediation, peacebuilding and gender desirable.
- Written and verbal English and French to a professional standard.
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills with the ability to coordinate information and processes involving multiple people/teams.
- Ability to manage a complex and, at times, heavy workload, to multi-task and take initiative.
- Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to work collaboratively, listen to and influence others.
- Common sense approach, with a positive attitude and the ability to adapt to an evolving working environment.
- Experience of managing EU contracts and grants, including proposal submissions and donor reporting (essential).
- Experience of working with institutional donors (ideally EU).
- Experience managing the work of consultants.
- Experience liaising with multiple project partners.
- Office administration experience, including a proven track record of successfully maintaining databases and office records.
- Experience of writing for different purposes and audiences, including funding proposals, and presenting information clearly.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and appreciation.