Position Title: Consultant – Pacific M&E and Adaptation Advisor
Location: Flexible, with availability to travel to Fiji
Duration: 2 months (March - April)
Total Days 15 days (spread over the time frame)
Reporting to: Pacific Projects Manager
We are currently seeking an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation and Adaptation consultant. The overall objective of this consultancy is to inform the design of a MEL framework including a set of monitoring tools and processes based upon adaptive learning principles for a programme of work climate change and conflict in the Pacific.
Conciliation Resources has worked in the Pacific region since 1994. Currently there are three components to the Pacific Programme: 1) A small governance-related programme in Fiji; 2) a regional program which works with peacebuilding partners across the region to share different practices and approaches; 3) A significant programme of work in Bougainville and emerging work in the highlands region of Papua New Guinea.
Under the Pacific regional programme, Conciliation Resources is embarking on a new area of peacebuilding to address growing social, political and environmental conflict risks associated with climate change. Our project seeks to build peaceful communities so that they are able to prevent, mitigate and resolve conflicts arising from climate and environmental change and other interconnected conflict drivers, particularly, in those communities facing relocation.
The project will work in four areas: 1) to conduct research which engages with community perspectives on environment, settlement, change and relocation; 2) the development of conflict analysis and peacebuilding resources to assist communities to prepare for their own futures; 3) work with communities to support conflict sensitive climate change adaptation including relocation; 4) inform national and international thinking through sharing project process and outcome learning in relevant policy debates.
- Experience of design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation, preferably, in relation to peacebuilding programming (essential)
- Experience and knowledge of facilitating participatory monitoring and evaluation processes (essential)
- Experience and/or knowledge of programme adaptation approaches, e.g. PDIA, complexity thinking (essential)
- Experience and knowledge of the Pacific region, and in particular, experience of working at community level (essential)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of community-led peacebuilding structures (desirable).
The post holder will be expected to undertake some travel to the region.
The post holder will be expected to be committed to CR’s safeguarding practices and positively engage with practices which help us all to keep people safe.
To apply for this consultancy please submit:
- A short narrative (1-2 A4 pages maximum) detailing suitability and approach for the evaluation
- Your CV (two A4 pages maximum)
- Financial proposal for the evaluation
All proposals should be emailed to CR’s recruitment email address at email@example.com with the title ‘Pacific M&E and Adaptation Advisor’
The deadline for receipt of proposals is 10 February 2020.
Selected candidates will be informed of the decision by the 15 February 2020.
Downloads for this post: Terms of Reference